It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all documents required in the application process are received by Head Office by the application deadline. The Office collects data only and will not call to let an applicant know that documentation is missing.
Applicants who may be concerned about whether references and transcripts have been received should contact Head Office for an update on the contents of the file.
All applicants for BCACC membership should note the following:
MEMBERS OF BCACC ARE COMMITTED TO HIGH ETHICAL AND PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS OF PRACTICE AND TO CONTINUING COMPETENCY. IT IS THROUGH THIS APPLICATION PROCESS THAT BCACC STRIVES TO ENSURE PUBLIC SAFETY AND A STRONG PROFESSIONAL IDENTITY.
Benefits of Registered Membership
Benefits of membership are similar to those achieved through membership in any association. However, BCACC membership does offer some very pragmatic advantages.
• Membership in BC’s premier professional counsellors’ organization.
• Professional Recognition as an RCC.
• An acknowledged competent and effective provincial system of self-regulation in protecting the public interest (peer review through registration, inquiry and discipline).
• A place at the “health care table” (e.g. B.C. Alliance, DPS and Emergency Planning, etc.).
• Advocacy through website, public exhibitions, trade shows and phone directories.
• Inclusion in a province-wide referral system by phone and website.
• Participation in the development of the profession (counsellor regulation, ethics and standards).
• Regional continuing education opportunities.
• Access to a variety of professional liability insurance packages
o Liability (malpractice)
o Life Insurance and extended medical and dental
o Disability Insurance
o Office package
• Connection and information regarding allied mental health professions.
• Assistance in marketing private practice.
• Readily-available consultation on legal issues, professional ethics and clinical practice standards.
• A “world class” newsmagazine” – INSIGHTS into Clinical Counselling.
• Networking Opportunities at Regional meetings and province-wide gatherings.
• Preferred Merchant rates on credit and debit card payment processing.
• Corporate rates at Coast Hotels in BC, AB, and NWT.
BEFORE you send in your application, please check to see that all the items in the application checklist are included or are in process.
Your application will not be considered until all of the documentation on this checklist has been received. We suggest that you print the checklist for your records.