Counsellor Cafe Victoria – Current Issues Around Supporting Pre-Teen & Teen Clients
April 24, 2018 Main Floor Lounge, 1246 Fairfield Road, Victoria, BC V8V 3B5 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM FREE
BCACC MEMBER EVENT
Facilitated by Sarah Bourdon, School Counsellor–SD 62, RCC &
Katie Campbell, School Counsellor– SD 61, RCC
Join your colleagues for a facilitated discussion around the following topics:
What you will learn:
- Developing connection with pre-teen and teen clients
- Building on the strengths of pre-teen and teen clients
- Approaching issues of social media and technology
- Helping pre-teen and teen clients develop coping skills around peer and school-related issues
- Keeping up-to-date with current issues facing these clients (self-injury behaviour, gender diversity, sexuality, substance use, etc.)
Please bring any resources you would like to share for working with this client group!
Look forward to seeing you there!