BCACC is Hiring a Member Services Coordinator
Contribute to improving mental health in BC communities
Life is a complex journey – and navigating through its big transitions can be just as complex. And when you’re experiencing these natural changes in your relationships, at work or school, or with your family, it’s important that you have a solid support system.
We’re the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC), and we’re here to help families and individuals navigate life, through all stages of the life experience.
Founded in 1988, we are the professional association representing over 5,000 Registered Clinical Counsellors (RCCs) in our province. Every counsellor who receives this designation has met specific education and training criteria and has committed themselves to practice according to an ethical code of conduct and standards of practice.
Our mission is to provide safe and effective counselling to the public and to ensure that our counsellors are well-resourced and supported in their important work.
Now, we need your help to do this.
About the Position
As our Member Services Coordinator, you will ensure the efficient and effective functioning of BCACC’s member programs, services, events, activities, and related strategic initiatives. You will work alongside BCACC’s dynamic and energetic Member Services team to take great ideas and turn them into outstanding programming in the field of mental health.
Help us grow all aspects of the BCACC’s member services programming:
- Assist with the recruitment, communication, oversight, and support of volunteer committees and activities
- Facilitate BCACC’s events and professional development opportunities
- Engage and recruit BCACC members within the community
- Support BCACC members through development of a robust member services programming
This is your opportunity to create something that will positively impact thousands of British Columbians. As part of our team, you’ll get to use your skills to make a difference in people’s lives, while advancing the health of our communities.
If this sounds like your idea of meaningful work, then we can’t wait to meet you.
Ideally, you will come equipped with a background in member services and volunteer programming and have a strong inclination for working in the non-profit sector. You are technologically savvy, a critical thinker, attentive to detail, and you enjoy seeing a project through to successful completion.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Marketing, Public Administration, or other related discipline
- 2 yrs or more experience working in a professional environment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Program management experience
- Experience with public speaking and presenting to groups
- Familiarity with contract development
- Experience engaging, training, and working with volunteers
- Strong communication and excellent writing and speaking skills
- Computing skills that include the use of Microsoft teams, Word/Excel/Powerpoint, CRM database software. Adobe InDesign and Photoshop would also be a benefit.
- Ability to travel and work the occasional weekend/evening event
Working with BCACC
As part of our team of 13, you’ll enjoy a healthy, cohesive, and collaborative team environment that encourages self-evaluation, self-reflection, and growth. We’re a supportive group with a good sense of humour, in a flexible work environment.
This is a full time (35 hours/week) permanent position, working in beautiful Victoria, BC and reporting to BCACC’s Director, Member Services. Our staff works partly from our Head Office and partly from home.
You’ll earn a competitive salary ($52k – 58k annually depending on experience), with generous benefits, RRSP matching, a wellness fund, and professional development fund. Vacation will start at 3 weeks.
How to Apply
Please forward a cover letter and resume by email to [email protected] by September 15, 2021.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups.