BCACC is hiring an Education and e-Learning Coordinator
Life is a complex journey – and navigating through its big transitions can be just as complex. And when you’re experiencing these natural changes in your relationships, at work or school, or with your family, it’s important that you have a solid support system.
We’re the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC), and we’re here to help families and individuals navigate life, through all stages of the life experience.
Founded in 1988, we are the professional association representing over 4,300 Registered Clinical Counsellors (RCCs) in our province. Every counsellor who receives this voluntary designation has met specific education and training criteria and has committed themselves to practice according to an ethical code of conduct and standards of practice.
Our mission is to provide safe and effective counselling to the public – that’s why we provide our members with continuing education to keep their skills fresh and to support them to practice ethically.
Now, we need your help to do this.
About the Position
As our new Education and e-Learning Coordinator, you will be responsible for all aspects of educational programming for our diverse membership. You will plan, create and deploy a comprehensive suite of educational opportunities.
We recognize that our members want to access education through a variety of platforms – in person and online. Your primary goal is to craft a strategy to create and deliver accessible learning programs to our members in a variety of engaging ways.
Ideally, you will come equipped with a background in curriculum development and multi-faceted adult education programming, with strong knowledge of the latest e-learning technology and webinar development. You’re technologically savvy and will be excited to modernize the way we deliver our programs.
Day to day, your role will involve:
- Evaluating our existing education opportunities
- Researching comparable association offerings and consulting with stakeholders
- Developing a plan for updating and implementing our professional development suite, including a strategy for online and remote education services
- Evaluating technology platforms to support e-learning
- Developing curriculum for educational offerings
- Creating a long-term strategy for membership education
- Assessing member needs and interests, and developing an educational engagement strategy and member communications
- Working collaboratively with our team to plan and deliver educational events
Because this is a new role for our organization, you’ll thoroughly enjoy the opportunity to make this position your own. Your flexibility, willingness to dive in, and creative out-of-the-box approach, will be the foundation of your success here.
You’re a critical thinker with strong attention to detail, so you’ll also enjoy the opportunity to thoughtfully approach this new challenge and create something that will positively impact thousands of British Columbians. As part of our team, you’ll get to use your skills to make a difference in people’s lives, while advancing the health of our communities.
If this sounds like your idea of meaningful work, then we can’t wait to meet you.
Working with BCACC
As part of our team of 12, you’ll enjoy a healthy, cohesive, and collaborative team environment that encourages self-evaluation, self-reflection, and growth. We’re a supportive group with a good sense of humour, in a flexible work environment.
This is a part-time (21 hours/week) permanent position, working out of our office in beautiful Victoria, BC. Our office hours are Monday to Friday, 9 am – 4:30 pm, and we’ll work with you to determine a schedule that works for everyone.
Because this is a new position, we’ll work with you to further develop the scope of your role during your first year with us. We’re a growing association and depending on the needs of our membership and your interest, there is potential for this role to become full-time in the future.
You’ll earn a competitive salary, with generous benefits, RRSP matching, a wellness fund, and professional development fund. Vacation will start at 3 weeks.
- Postsecondary degree in education, adult education, communications, or equivalent combination of relevant experience and education
- Experience in planning, developing and implementing training and professional development initiatives
- Experience in facilitating project teams that include multiple stakeholders to deliver a product, program, or service
- Proven knowledge of and 5+ years’ experience in curriculum development, pedagogy, multi-faceted adult education programming, instructional design, and learning
- Experience delivering services to a diverse client base
- Experience using a learning management application/system to create and host e- learning modules
- Advanced technology skills including word processing, database management, presentation software and techniques, learning and e-learning platforms
How to Apply
Please apply online here: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/42659?s=fc
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you’ll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment and look forward to hearing from you.