Call for Workshop Presenters – Skills for Mindful Living Series 2016
In eager anticipation of the 2016 Skills for Mindful Living Series workshop proposals are now being accepted from Registered Clinical Counsellors passionate about empowering individuals and communities with strategies for healthy living.
We are actively seeking workshop presenters with expertise in topics and issues relevant and applicable to individuals and families, including, but not limited to: family relations, crisis management in home, addiction/problematic habits, trauma workplace bullying, body centred/movement, ADHD, navigating the private and public sector therapy system (panel), mindfulness, stress/anxiety, and depression.
Please see the BCACC Skills for Mindful Living Series YouTube Channel for examples of past workshops.
The Skills for Mindful Living Series is a BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC) community-service initiative that offers ongoing free workshops in Vancouver and West Vancouver. The Vancouver Series is offered in collaboration with the Adler University and the West Vancouver Series is offered in collaboration with the Canadian Mental Health Association North and West Vancouver Branch and the West Vancouver Community Centres Society.
Who Attends? The general public, clinical counsellors, psychologists, mental health practitioners and counselling students.
How long are the workshops? An hour and a half.
Where Do They Take Place?
- The Vancouver Skills for Mindful Living Series is held in the Community Room, 7th Floor, Adler University at 1090 West Georgia Street, Vancouver.
- The West Vancouver Skill for Mindful Living Series is held in the Cedar Room, 3rd Floor, West Vancouver Community Centre at 2121 Marine Drive, West Vancouver.
Is there access to technology? Yes, both locations have microphones, speakers and digital projectors and screens.
Please note that all workshops are digitally recorded and posted to YouTube. In presenting with the Skills for Mindful Living Series you are consenting to your workshop being made available online.
Can I sell my resources at the workshop? No, presenters are welcome to provide handouts to supplement the workshop as well as information about themselves and their practice. The sale of resources by workshop presenters on-site is strictly prohibited.
How do I apply to be a presenter with the 2016 Skills for Mindful Living Series?
Please let us know if you are interested in presenting by sending the following preliminary information to Deb Braun at email@example.com or Helen Craig at firstname.lastname@example.org by Dec 1 2015.
1. Please indicate at which location and in which month you would like to present.
(Presenting at both locations is fine)
For West Vancouver the following are the guidelines for our public presentations:
- 7 workshops in 2016 – January, February, April, May, September, October, November.
- These workshops occur on the 4th Thursday of the month, unless before a long weekend.
For Vancouver the following are the guidelines for our public presentations:
- 8 workshops in 2016 – February, March, April, May, June, September, October and November.
- These workshops occur on the 2nd Tuesday of the month.
2. Please submit the title and a 3 line description of your presentation topic.
3. Please submit a 50-word bio, including your website, if available.
Or for the West Vancouver Series, contact Helen Craig at email@example.com