Pre-Conference Workshop, Oct. 31, 2019 | Conference: Nov. 1, 2, 3, 2019 | Richmond, BC
Want to learn from world-renowned experts, get inspired by new perspectives, and connect with your peers all under one roof? Then you should join us this fall in Richmond, BC, for Wired Together: Self, Science, Society.
The landscape of mental health and wellness is ever-evolving and Wired Together is the perfect place to get up to speed on emerging trends, issues and research. No matter how long you’ve been a mental health professional, there is always room to learn and grow, and you can expect to leave Wired Together with an abundance of both practical and theoretical tools to enhance your practice. With a diverse program and a wide range of parallel sessions to participate in, there’s something for everyone.
Here is an at-a-glance look at what to expect at the conference:
Plan your on-the-ground experience and take in these special features:
- Complimentary headshot sessions – update your Find A Counsellor profile photo or your website bio!
- Recharge Room – a place for you to unplug (and a place to plug your devices in). Take a break and get zenned. Check out the full schedule here.
- Onsite massage therapy and reflexology
- Therapy puppies from BC and Alberta Guide Dogs
- Morning yoga with PUR MOVEMENT
- Marketplace – visit exhibitors and shop programs, resources, and products.
- Mix and mingle- take advantage of networking breaks to connect with peers.
- Banquet dinner- Enjoy an evening of food and festivities.
Six Body-Centered, Relational Practices for Healing Trauma: Transformation Through Embodied Empathy
Presented by Sharon Stanley, Ph.D
The word trauma has recently captured the imagination of psychotherapists, educators and other helping professionals. A wide variety of theories and techniques have been developed to resolve the effects of severe injuries. In this all-day workshop, we will create a practitioner/scholar learning community in order to explore through direct experience, six body-centered, relational practices that have been found to dissolve the neurological roots of trauma.
Restoring the Natural Healing Cycle: Dissolving the Neural Structures of Trauma
by Sharon Stanley, Ph.D
Justice-Doing in Community Work & Therapy: ‘Walking Our Talk’
by Vikki Reynolds, Ph.D
Enjoy a diverse range of topics including:
- Tired of Caring: A Transpersonal Approach to Compassion Fatigue and Burn-Out
- Embodied Trans Affirming Practice: A culturally safe and informed teaching approach
- Museums, Health, and Wellbeing: An Emerging Field of Mental Health Practice
- Sex: In a Nervous System
- Digital Dependency Dynamics-Informed Practice in Psychotherapy
- Counselling Refugees & Culturally Diverse Groups
- and many more!
Eight speakers, eight sub-sessions, and one hour of engaging discussion with mental health professionals from a variety of clinical backgrounds.
Burnout, Compassion Fatigue and Vicarious Trauma – Moving to Resilience and Wellness
Professionals in the mental health and wellness world hold space for their clients who have experienced the worst and hear stories of trauma every day in their practice. In this panel, we’ll discuss how clinicians can take care of themselves while taking care of others.
Take a break between sessions and visit our Exhibitors and event Sponsors:
- Edge Benefits
- Homewood Ravensview
- Odin Books
We are pleased to host Wired Together: Self, Science, Society at Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel. Take advantage of a BCACC group rate when you book your stay using this link. Rooms at the special rate are limited, so book early!
Registration for Wired Together: Self, Science, Society is now open. View registration details and purchase your tickets here.