This exciting conference brings together clinical counsellors and allied professionals for discussion and exchange of the most cutting-edge knowledge, insights, issues and ideas in the world of counselling therapy.
The BCACC Conference Organizing Committee invites submission of abstracts starting in January 2019.
The main theme of the 2019 BCACC Conference is WIRED TOGETHER: Self, Science, Societies.
Abstract Submission Guide
The WIRED TOGETHER: Self, Science, Societies conference will offer a variety of oral presentations ranging from:
- Parallel workshop sessions – one and a half hours in length.
- Roundtable participation – one and a half hours in length, and
- Lightning talks – five to ten minutes
All sessions are designed to be informative and interactive for participants and to promote dynamic discussion. The Organizing Committee encourages established professionals and students alike to engage and participate by presenting at the conference.
Abstract submissions open – January 9, 2019
Abstract submissions close – March 6, 2019
Submission deadlines are 23:59 PDT on the indicated submission date.
Abstract submissions will take place through an online submission form on the BCACC’s website opening January 9, 2019. The Abstract Submission Guidelines are below to assist you in preparing.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINE Requirements
- A presentation theme that most closely describes your oral presentation (see below).
- Your contact name, affiliation/institution name (if applicable) and email address.
- An abstract title.
- The abstract summary content (150 – 250 words).
You are welcome to submit more than one abstract, however presenters will be limited to one presentation at the conference.
Individual Presentation Themes
The three main themes of the conference with examples of possible topics are as follows:
- Self-care (the science of self-care)
- Clinical supervision
- Personal growth impacting practice
- Mind/body connection
- Emerging and evidence-based practices with emphasis on neuroscience and brain development
- Somatic Psychotherapy
- Use of technology in counselling practice
- Informed Indigenous therapy
- Informed trauma therapy
- Gender and sexuality
- Cultural considerations in therapy
- Social justice (poverty, homelessness, disability awareness, racism, addiction)
- Harm reduction
The portal to submit an abstract will open on January 9, 2019 at www.bc-counsellors.org. Deadline for submitting an oral presentation is March 6, 2019