Region 2 Counsellor Café- Victoria
Attachment vs Differentiation in Couple Therapy
Presented / Facilitated by Tammy Van Hinte, RCC
For counsellors who work with couples or are interested in working with couples. Come out and explore one of the current debates in couple therapy. Attachment vs Differentiation as a lens for couples’ therapy.
What you will learn:
Come away with increased knowledge in the following areas:
- What are the attachment based models of couple therapy?
- What are the differentiation based models of couple therapy?
- What is the role of co-regulation and self-regulation in couple relationships?
- How might a focus on co-regulation decrease the couples’ ability to manage conflict and difference effectively?
- How might a focus on self-regulation result in autoregulation that undermines the partnership?
- Is it possible to balance attachment and differentiation together effectively when working with couples?
If you are a therapist who is already aligned with one model, please bring your ideas and knowledge to this conversation.
This café will be interactive and is focused on an appreciation of the multiple ways of working with couples effectively.
The goal is for each attendee to come away with new knowledge and self-awareness of who you are as a therapist when you are working with couples.
Date: Wednesday May 22, 2019
Time: 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Address: Main Floor Lounge, 1246 Fairfield Road, Victoria BC, V8V 3B5 (street parking available)
Cost: No Cost. Open to BCACC members only.
Should you encounter a problem with registering please contact Janine Toombs at email@example.com for assistance.
About the Presenter:
Tammy Van Hinte is a Family Mediation Canada Comprehensive Family Mediator and an RCC with 12 years of experience successfully helping clients find their way through the challenges of separation and divorce.