Apply to BC Association of Clinical Counsellors to become a
Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC)
1. Read the Code of Ethics and Scope of Practice.
2. Read all of the instructions on this page and then apply using our online application.
To continue an application, click here.
3. Order transcripts for all course work listed on your application. Transcripts must be sent directly to us from the institutions. We will accept certified electronic transcripts sent from the university. We will not accept sealed transcripts from the applicant.
4. Review and provide reference forms to supervisors and/or colleagues. Reference forms must then be sent directly to us from the Referees. If you have two Clinical References, you do not need a Colleague Reference.
5. Order letters of good standing from any regulatory bodies with which you currently hold membership, or held membership with in the past. You can login to your application at any time to view the status of your file. Allow 8 weeks for your documents to be received and reviewed.
Tel: (250)595-4448 TF: 1-800-909-6303
What happens next?
Once your application is complete we will update your application status to let you know that your file is being reviewed. The review process for a typical application takes approximately 4 weeks.
If your application is complex, your file may be put forward to the Registration Committee for review and you will be advised of deadlines for your file. Your application might be complex if:
- You have completed your degree outside of Canada or the United States
- Your broad base counselling coursework is ambiguous
- Other reasons as decided by the BCACC Registrar
Once your application has been reviewed, we will send an email informing you if you have been accepted for membership.
My application has been accepted for membership. What now?
The email you receive informing you of your acceptance contains important links to paperwork needed to complete your membership.
This email will contain:
- New member forms
- Insurance forms
- A request for a criminal record check. If you require a criminal record check, it can be completed through MyBackCheck. Click HERE to start the criminal record process through MyBackCheck. Please do not arrange for a criminal record check result until you receive this request.
Once you have submitted these forms to BCACC Head Office it can take up to two weeks to process.